We’ve all been there. We have just topped our previous efforts and built our best lens till date. It’s looking all shiny and beautiful. We can hear the cash registers ringing as people click through our Amazon links and $$ queue upon the Squidoo Dashboard. Our hearts are pounding as we hit the “Publish” button.
We wait till Big Daddy G or Big Momma Y come for a courtesy visit and index our lenses. This is a period where we need to exercise a lot of patience as we can’t force these search engines to come and pay a visit…Or…can we?
Well, we can’t really force them but this is the period where we must do all and sundry to help the search engines find our shiny new lens. We must go out in the world wide web and put up dainty little signposts on all the Internet highways and expressways where we are likely to be noticed. The more signposts you lay out, the more you increase your chances of an early visit. Don’t just sit there doing nothing. You will need to take action as soon as possible.
Here are 8 things that you must do as soon as you hit the Publish button.
- Ping your lens: This is the easiest option. Squidoo will give you this option immediately when you publish your lens. Use it.
- Twitter/Facebook: Are you on tTwitter or Facebook? If you aren’t – don’t read any further(I’ve bet you’ve just landed from Mars/Jupiter) and go get yourself an account without further do. For other earthlings –post updates to these two accounts – Squidoo has an option for both of them.
- Squidu Forum: Go to the SquidU forum(the Official Squidoo Forum) and post your lens in the Critique Me section. Use good anchor text in your post and a catchy post title. If possible edit your signature and add your latest lens there as well(hint – you are allowed upto 5 links in your signature)
- Social Bookmarking: Go and bookmark your lens on atleast 5-10 social bookmarking sites – Digg, Reddit, Mixx, Redgage, Furl etc
- RSS feeds: Go to Feedagg.com and submit your RSS feed.
- Blog it: If you have a blog then go an blog about your latest lens and add good links with your desired anchor text.
- Internal Links on Squidoo: Do you have a Lensography (a biography of your own Squidoo lenses) – Add your lens here using the featured lens module. Lensroll your new lens to your Lensography. You just got yourself two more links. You can also edit your Squidoo Profile and feature upto 5 lenses there. Add your link there.
- Article Marketing: Write a short 250-300 word article and submit it to atleast the top 5 article marketing sites. Yes – submit the same article – (don’t worry about duplicate content. Read this.) Submit your articles to Ezinearticles, Article Dashboard, ArticlesBase, Amazines and Goarticles. This is a process that you can keep repeating with every new article you write. If you write 1 article each day for just 10 days and submit them to these 5 article directories with two links pointing back to your lens in each article, you will have 100 links in 10 days.